Saturday, May 20, 2006

Meaning of happiness

Are you happy? If not, do you know the reason why happiness eludes you?

Theory: If we think about the question, the answer will come.

Test it. Ask yourself if you are happy. But first, How do you define happiness?

Happiness will mean different things to different people, but the basic meaning transcends all definitions - it is simply a feeling of contentment - that you are in the right place, at the right time, doing the right things.

If your life is one of discontent, then you must ask yourself why?

Specifically, where should you be? What should you be doing?

What would it take to make you happy?

What steps can you take today to make happiness one step closer?


The following excerpt may help us understand why we go through discontentment and sorrow, and therefore help us to move through these times more smoothly, knowing that without them, we would never truly know what contentment can be...

Dare to be happy!
Dream Doe :)


"And remember my pain, and therein you shall see what prevented me from following my longings, and fulfilling my dreams.

Remember my bitterest words and my sweetest words, and therein you shall see where my understanding stumbled, and where my understanding found truth.

Most of all, remember the love I had for myself, for therein lies my true love for others.

Whether we realize it or not, Life is good to us, as long as we remain good to ourselves.

We must needs walk in darkness, to know our greater longing is to walk in the light of the sun.

We must needs have a dark self, to know our enlightened self.

We must needs have a less desirable self, to know and grow toward our greater and more desirable self, when made visible.

Truth must remain hidden from us by untruth, to know truth, when it unveils itself through understanding.

Beauty must remain a mystery unto us, so that we may know her secrets, when she unveils her holy garment.

And we have lost our love, only to know love, when we find it again."

http://www.selfknowledge.com

No comments: