Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lindsay Lohan

Just 21 years old, barely two weeks out of rehab, today was the day that Lindsay fell so far off the wagon that it would take an army of lawyers and a seriously demented judge to keep her out of jail at this point.

The 21-year-old actress was booked on two misdemeanor charges of suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving on a suspended license and two felony charges of possession of cocaine and transport of a narcotic, Talbot said.


DUI, cocaine possession, suspended license, police chase...

Obviously, it is beyond Lindsay's human strength and willpower to straighten out her life. Maybe she needs extreme spiritual intervention. Admittedly, I have enough people on my prayer list already, but I will send her my prayers because I believe this is a life that can still be saved. If Robert Downing Jr was able to turn it around after literally YEARS of addiction, certainly this girl has a chance.

Hopefully the media and general public will see the cry for help instead of taking another opportunity to judge her and condemn her.

I know how I would handle my own daughter in a situation such as this, but apparently Hollywood parents and relatives don't consider it their duty or responsibility to help this young girl recover.

Of course, you can't "Make" someone do something if they don't want to.

The old saying goes "you have to hit rock bottom" before you can begin to recover and change.

So here's my rant and my question...

Just how low does rock bottom go with this generation?

In my day, one arrest was enough for most people to consider themselves at "rock bottom."

God help Lindsay and others like her to discover their passion for life, their mission in life, their purpose on this earth, and to follow that dream with all the fervor and passion the universe can lend them. May they be consumed with goodness, light and love to dispel all negative influences trying to destroy them. May they learn to live in, by and through Spirit. May they stand strong against addictions, temptations and may they learn a new definition of "fun."


Technorati tag:

Full Story at ABC News

No comments: