August is the eighth month and some believe that eight is the number of new beginnings.
Sometimes these new beginnings aren't always "nice" beginnings.
Just think about a few of the things that have happened this month - so far - we're only half-way through August.
- The Olympics began in China
- The Russia and Georgia Conflict - the beginning of - ???
- The unemployment rate rose in the US. It rose to 7% in South Carolina.
- Another church shooting in Missouri.
- Bus wreck due to non-maintenance of bus
- Aids infection is reported as 40% higher than projections indicated.
- John Edwards' secret affair comes to light.
- Most schools in the US will begin a new school year in August. Let's hope that's a good new beginning.
This should be a good thing, but apparently they haven't learned that secrets have a way of getting out. They faked too much in the opening ceremonies... the lip syncing "cute" girl, the fireworks display, etc. The ages of their female gymnasts has come into question (they should be at least 16). As for the effects of the Olympics on China, economically speaking, it isn't good. By the way, I love the Chinese - this is about the handling of the Olympics, which doesn't have any negative reflection to the people of China in my opinion.
New beginnings for those finding themselves searching for a new job.
A new beginning of life without loved ones.
A new beginning is needed to ensure the safety of innocent people as they travel.
Secrets never stay hidden forever if you're in the public eye. Here we have a new beginning for John Edwards - a life without politics, a life without respect.