Friday, August 08, 2008

8-8-08

Lucky number eight.

According to Chinese tradition, eight is a lucky number for wealth and prosperity.

Christians who study Biblical numerology believe that 8 is the number of new beginnings. After all, God rested on the seventh day and then the whirlwind of life started anew on the 8th day.

Quoted from Biblical Numerology...

THE NUMBER OF NEW BEGINNINGS. 8 people on Noah's Ark (2 Pet. 2:5); circumcision on 8th day (Gen. 17:12); God made 8 covenants with Abraham


That's why many couples are getting married today at 8:08 pm.
See NPR - Lucky day for weddings

Also, the Chinese government scheduled the start of the Olympics on 8-8-08 at 8:08:08 p.m.

I wonder if this would be a good day to buy a lottery ticket?

At any rate, I wish for you to have a blessed and prosperous life. I believe in the Golden Rule, and I sincerely hope you wish me the same.

1 comment:

Patricia Rockwell said...

I do wish you the same. The Chinese also like "6" and "9" as lucky numbers, but not "4."