Saturday, November 22, 2008

My washer and dryer

washer and dryer
It came to my attention this past week that I had forgotten the blessing of having a washer and dryer in my home.

When I was a little girl, I had to hang the clothes outside, take them down, iron them, and even had to starch a few things. We even ironed the sheets!

But that was nothing compared to generations of the past. They actually had to wash one item at a time - can you imagine? Washing clothes would have taken an entire day.

I still hate laundry, but now I can at least remember to say "Thank You" when I load those dirties into the machine, turn it on and walk away.

I can say thank you again when I return to the washer, take out the clothes and load them into the dryer which is right beside the washer, turn the dryer on, and then walk away.

I can even say thank you while I'm folding, putting away and hanging up clothes - all of which can be done in a matter of minutes, not a day.

Thank God for washers and dryers!

No comments: