Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Divine Intervention

ocean
This morning I was at the end of my rope.

I drove to the beach and waited for the bank to open so I could cash the child support check.

I've been stressing for weeks about something and no matter how hard I tried to pray and meditate over it, the answer never came.

Actually, that probably isn't true...

I should say the answer was always there but I couldn't find it or hear it because my mind was trying to solve the problem all by itself instead of listening for the answer (I AM so smart after all).

But this beautiful morning, while sitting there taking in the view, I was reminded of the majesty of creation.

I relaxed and began to just be grateful for the opportunity to live near the ocean, the ability to see and hear it, and to just be grateful that it even exist.

Suddenly - for me at least - in less than ten minutes, I knew what to do and where to go for help.

I cranked up the car, drove there, waited for them to open and somehow managed an appointment for later in the day.

Actually that's not true, either.

Divine intervention provided me an appointment because at first I was told I would be called at some time in the distant future which left me standing there in shock - literally with my mouth open not knowing what to say.

Then I was abruptly asked if I could back in the afternoon.

WOO HOO!! You bet I could come back!

I went back, waited for over an hour, and stayed prayerfully centered.

Finally, at the end of the day (before 5pm), my problem is solved.

Thank God for the sacred places that we can go to when life's struggles has drowned out the beauty of the universe.

I'll be going there more often.

No comments: